Friday, October 20, 2006

a week where gratitude was almost forgotten

this week has been full of stress, confusion, pain, fear, and defensiveness...yet, i am trying to force myself to see that all of this negative "stuff" pushes and pulls at me until i am forced to see something else. if we do not have these times of shit, we cannot see the beauty. we may not even recognize it when it is in front of us.

on bravo they keep playing this commercial for the show six feet under. a character asks, "why do people have to die." and the other character responds (something like), "so we know that life's important." yes, this is it. and why do we have to have the bad shit...so we see our lives. so we can tweak things and learn and live.

so today, i am grateful:

that i am not afraid: to live. to be honest. to tell my friends the truth. to love. to risk my own heart. to believe that having people in your life is more important than sitting in your life alone.

for my husband.

for my friends who listen and love me even though i am not perfect.

for my camera.

for inspiration that gets me off the couch (and out into nature and into the kitchen to cook a super good meal).

for a reconnection with an old friend.

for the safety of the ones i love.

4 comments:

Hel said...

I am grateful that I can reach across time and space and without talking have a conversation with people who know what I feel because I'm saying yes, yes that is something I recognise in me and you are also feeling it. A language of symbols and memory, picture and emotion.

I'm grateful for weekends and thunder storms and moments that stretch into infinity.

Meg said...

I am grateful y ou are continuing to blog on your usual spot.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for what you make me read now.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for what you are.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online