Sunday, January 14, 2007

day 14

it is january 14 around 11 p.m. and i am enjoying a tazo spiced chai with vanilla soy milk. my first time liking soy milk (i usually just drink it in coffee lattes). i am feeling very content because I am here in my little room sitting on the floor. this means that i have cleaned it up enough that there is room on the floor. oh it is delightful. i am laughing because as the timer was blinking, i was singing, “i like to take my time i mean for when i want to do a thing i like to take my time to get it right. i mean i just might make a mistake if i should have to hurry up, and so i like to take my time.” the words go something like this. a song from my childhood that was sung by Mr. Rogers. As the timer was going, i realized i was going to capture myself with my mouth wide open so I started laughing and paused with this grin.

day 14

i am grateful:
that i suddenly hear the vacuum running today (thanks to my husband).
that we were able to get to the store.
that we did not get into a car accident in our neighborhood as we slipped and slid all over the place.
for a fantastically good starbucks vanilla latte.
for several great phone conversations today. i feel loved.

2 comments:

Left-handed Trees... said...

This chai is one of my absolute favorites...today I will embark on a cleaning of my room/office. Hope tonight, I can sit and sip chai and be thankful it is done. Happy snow day!
--D.--

Maureen said...

glad you didn't crunch the car sliding on that ice. as i recall ... drivers in the greater Seattle area did NOT know how to drive on ice or snow. at least not very well. okay so i'm gonna get my head chopped by somebody who moved to Seattle from Montana. i'm ready. ;)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online