Thursday, January 04, 2007

day 4

it’s january 4 around 10:15 p.m. i am tired and feeling a bit, the word that is coming to me is downtrodden. earlier I felt strong as I shared some of the moments of my day with a friend…but now, i felt a bit helpless. the mood of another shaping my mood. so i will drink this genmai-cha and watch some television (with jeero and moxy) and work a little longer and then go to bed.

Jan 4

today i am grateful for:
a meal eaten at the table
the words of poetry thursday participants
how i feel when the house is a bit cleaner
ideas that brainstorm with one another in my mind
talking on the phone with a dear friend earlier this evening…
and then crying tears of validation as i read her blog later, an hour after i wrote the words above, and i see myself rise up from my helplessness. i am not alone. (silly me)
remembering to breathe
peanut butter and chocolate ice cream from baskin robbins

1 comment:

Maureen said...

one thing i have learned about my own moods is they don't last forever. moods are changeable. it's just that sometimes i feel like i have no control over their changing. other times i do. thanks for reminding me of that, liz. hope you're feeling lots better.

gen maicha. best green tea ever!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online