Monday, January 22, 2007

day 22

it’s january 22, just shy of 9 p.m. and i am listening to paul simon sing “wartime prayers.” “because you cannot walk with the holy if you’re just a halfway decent man.” thinking about: letting go of judgment even when people hurt you. “i want to rid my heart of envy, cleanse my soul of rage before i’m through.” thinking about: a moment when i tapped into rage last month. it was the first time i have ever truly allowed myself to feel rage. it was scary, but letting it out of me, instead of letting it fester, has changed me. a pivotal moment in my life. “i’m tryin’ to tap into some wisdom. even a little drop will do.” i pause, breathe, take another sip of this honeybush caramel tea, and say a prayer for some of this wisdom.

day 22

tonight, I am grateful for:
packages filled with goodies
new fabric
taco del mar for dinner
a day warm enough to go outside in just a sweatshirt

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online