Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day 3

it is january 3. i am thinking about the school shooting, where a young teenager was killed, just a few blocks away from where i sit in our little home.
i stare into the mug of genmai-cha tea and think about my husband, unexpectedly home because of a migraine, and am hopeful he is fine. that his health…that he is fine. the way the migraine manifests as stroke symptoms terrifies me.
i close my eyes and listen to the weepies sing, “rocks and water,” and i think about the line that i often sing at the top of my lungs, “the devil he wore such a fine, fine shirt, and it stayed so clean while he dragged me through the dirt.”
it is on these days that gratitude must be uncovered, even when it sits right in front of me.

Jan 3

today, I am grateful for:
the kindness of jon’s boss
warm socks
poetry thursday
the first twenty minutes of “the view”
leading my students through a compassion meditation
the promise of the sunrise

1 comment:

Maureen said...

((((((((((((((((((you, liz)))))))))))))

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online